This is a social housing and apartment development on the edge of an existing urban settlement, requiring integration within its context, especially regarding permeability/connectivity and respect for existing biodiversity.
The scheme will meet the Code for Sustainable Homes Level 5.
Key features concerning layout include:
- A clear hierarchical layout involving a primary spine road with articulated entry points and nodes
- Creation of different character areas
- Pedestrian connection to existing adjacent residential schemes
- Variation of spaces, including allotment gardens, children’s play area and a Pedestrian route threading through the development
- Maximisation of south-facing elevations for solar gain
- Integration of existing ecological features and surface water attenuation.